faq_header FAQs

For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.FAQs

Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.

Car Insurance FAQs

covers your legal liability, up to the limit you select, for damages caused in a covered vehicle accident. Under BI/PD, we pay for damages to an injured person and for property damage that you are legally obligated to pay as a result of an accident. If we cover an accident for which you are sued, we pay for a lawyer to defend you. You choose your BI/PD Limits of Liability as either Split Limits or a Combined Single Limit (CSL). Split Limits divide bodily injury liability limits per person and per accident. We pay up to the limit you select per person, but we only pay up to the total limit you select per accident. For property damage liability, we pay up to the limit you select per accident. CSL combines your liability coverage into one total limit per accident.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage, commonly referred to as “no-fault insurance,” is available in certain states. If you are disabled or unable to work as a result of an accident, PIP covers your medical bills and often lost

wages. In addition, it usually covers the cost of personal services you must now pay someone else to do for you. PIP coverage is subject to a limit, which is specified in the policy if available in your state.

Medical Payments coverage applies no matter whom is at fault and covers the cost of reasonable and necessary medical care provided to you as the result of a car accident. The coverage is often limited to a specified time period following the accident (usually three years) and the amount of coverage you chose when you purchased the policy.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage pays for damages that you are legally entitled to recover for your bodily injury. In general, this coverage provides what you would have received from the other person’s insurance company had that person been insured. This coverage may also protect you if the person who caused the damage does not have enough insurance. Uninsured Motorist Property Damage coverage is also available in some states and provides protection for damage to property caused by a person without insurance.

Under Collision coverage, we pay for damages if your vehicle overturns or if it collides with another vehicle or object. Collision coverage involves a “deductible” amount you select when you purchase your policy. This amount, typically $250 or $500, is the amount you are required to pay in the event a claim exceeds the deductible amount.

Under Comprehensive coverage, we pay for damage caused by an event other than a car collision, such as fire, theft, vandalism, hail, or flood damage. Comprehensive also covers damages from an animal hit. Additionally, if your car is stolen, Comprehensive will cover the cost of a rental (subject to a daily limit). Like Collision coverage, a deductible usually applies.

Collision and Comprehensive coverage each provide up to $1,000 of coverage for custom parts or equipment. Custom parts or equipment are accessories and enhancements permanently installed in or on your vehicle. Parts and equipment offered by the manufacturer or installed by the dealer at the point of sale are not custom parts or equipment, but are included under your standard Collision and Comprehensive coverage.

If you buy Rental Reimbursement coverage, we will reimburse you for rental car charges incurred while your vehicle is being repaired. You can only buy Rental Reimbursement coverage if you buy Collision and Comprehensive. Rental Reimbursement coverage is limited to 30 days and subject to the maximum per day amount shown on your Declarations Page.

Loan/Lease Payoff coverage helps protect you when your covered vehicle has been deemed a total loss and you owe a lender more money than the vehicle is worth. If you buy Loan/Lease Payoff and your vehicle is declared a total loss, Loan/Lease Payoff will pay the difference between the vehicle’s actual cash value and the amount you owe to the lender. However, the maximum we will pay under this coverage is 25 percent of the actual cash value.

Roadside Assistance coverage covers labor costs incurred at the place where your vehicle becomes disabled as a result of a mechanical/electrical breakdown, dead battery, flat tire, and/or lock-out. We will also help if you run out of gas or other fluid or become stuck in snow or mud within 100 feet of a road or highway. And, if necessary, Roadside Assistance will cover towing to the nearest qualified repair facility.

Contact a License Agent Today! 754-263-2160

Homeowners Insurance FAQs

Unlike driving a car, you can legally own a home without homeowners insurance. However, if you finance your home with a mortgage, your lender most likely will require you to have home insurance coverage to protect your home in case of damage cause by unforeseen circumstances, such as fires or natural disasters.

A flood certification indicates if the subject property is located within a designated flood zone. If the property is located within a flood zone, the borrower must obtain flood insurance.

An Elevation Certificate is an important tool that documents your building’s elevation. If you live in a high-risk flood zone, you should provide an Elevation Certificate to your insurance agent to obtain flood insurance and ensure that your premium accurately reflects your risk.

Florida insurance companies are not required to automatically sinkhole coverage on new or existing homeowners’ insurance policies. However, they are required to inform homeowners that sinkhole coverage is available for an additional premium.

  1. Insurance companies must include “catastrophic ground cover collapse” which means: The abrupt collapse of the ground cover;
  2. A depression in the ground cover clearly visible to the naked eye;
  3. Structural damage to the building, including the foundation; and
  4. The insured structure being condemned and ordered to be vacated by the governmental agency authorized by law to issue such an order for that structure.

Dwelling coverage, sometimes called “dwelling insurance,” is the part of your homeowner’s insurance policy that helps to pay for the rebuilding or the repair of the physical structure of your home if it’s damaged by a covered hazard.

Covers other structures around the property that are not used for business, except as a private garage. Typically limited at 10% to 20% of the Coverage A, with additional amounts available by endorsement.

Covers personal property, with limits for the theft and loss of particular classes of items (e.g., $200 for money, banknotes, bullion, coins, medals, etc.). Typically 50- 70% of Coverage A is required for contents, which means that consumers may pay for much more insurance than necessary. This has led to some calls for more choice. There are two types of policies for personal property: cash value policy and replacement cost policy. Cash value policy will pay the cost to replace belongings, minus deprecation. Replacement cost policy will reimburse the assured for the full, current cost of replacing belongings.

Covers expenses associated with additional living expenses (i.e. rental expenses) and fair rental value, if part of the residence was rented, however only the rental income for the actual rent of the space not services provided such as utilities.

Covers damages which the insured is legally liable for and provides a legal defense at the insurer’s own expense. About a third of the losses for this coverage are from dog bites.

~Types Of Homeowners Insurance Policies

A form that provides coverage on a home against fire, smoke, windstorm, hail, lightning, explosion, vehicles, and civil unrest. It does not cover the assured’s personal property, personal liability, or medical expenses. It is the type of policy a mortgage lender will buy for a borrower if the latter’s homeowner policy lapses.

A basic policy form that provides coverage on a home against 11 listed perils; contents are generally included in this type of coverage, but must be explicitly enumerated. The perils include fire or lightning, windstorm or hail, vandalism or malicious mischief, theft, damage from vehicles and aircraft, explosion, riot or civil commotion, glass breakage, smoke, volcanic eruption, and personal liability. Exceptions include floods, earthquakes. Most states no longer offer this type of coverage.

A more advanced form that provides coverage on a home against 16 listed perils (including all 11 on the HO1). The coverage is usually a “named perils” policy, which lists the events that would be covered.

The typical, most comprehensive form used for single-family homes. The policy provides “all risk” coverage on the home with some perils excluded, such as earthquake and flood. Contents are covered on a named peril basis. (Note: “all risk” is poorly termed as it is essentially named exclusions (i.e., if it is not specifically excluded, it is covered).)

The Contents Broad, or Tenants, form is for renters. It covers personal property against the same perils as the contents portion of the HO2 or HO3.[10] An HO4 generally also includes liability coverage for personal injury or property damage inflicted on others.

Covers the same as HO3 plus more. On this policy the contents are covered on an open peril basis, therefore as long as the cause of loss is not specifically excluded in the policy it will be covered for that cause of loss.

The form for condominium owners. It insures personal property, walls, floors and ceiling against all of the perils in the Broad Form. The rest of the condo is covered by a separate policy purchased by the association.

The form is for the owner-occupied older home whose replacement cost far exceeds the property’s market value.

Contact a License Agent Today! 754-263-2160

SR 22 Insurance in Florida

The SR22 is an endorsement that is attached to your auto insurance policy. The actual form is submitted to the State of Florida electronically by your insurance carrier. The SR22 filing certifies to the State of Florida that you have at least 10/20 bodily injury and $10,000 property damage coverage.

The State of Florida now considers you a high-risk driver and they want to make sure you are keeping continuous insurance coverage. You might be required to carry the SR22 filing if you were caught driving without insurance. In some cases SR22 insurance is also required if you have too many violations on your driving record.

Premiums are derived from many risk factors including age, sex, location, driving record, financial responsibility, etc. Insurance premiums can vary greatly from person to person.

In most cases the State of Florida requires individuals to have the SR22 filing for three years. Your exact requirement may vary. It is important that you contact your local DMV to find out how long your SR22 will be required.

In most cases you can make payments on your SR22 insurance. It depends on your filing number and your particular situation.

  • Bodily Injury Coverage – This coverage provides protection in the event you injure someone in an accident. With the SR22 filing you are required to have a least 10/20 –  $10,000  per person $20,000 per accident.
  • Property Damage – Provides coverage if you damage another persons vehicle or property in an accident. The SR22 filing requires you to have at least $10,000 in property damage coverage.
  • Personal Injury Protection – This coverage is built into every Florida auto insurance policy except non-owners. Personal injury protection coverage pays 80% of your medical bills and 60% of your work loss in the event you are injured in an accident.
  • Uninsured Motorist Coverage – Provides coverage in the event your are injured by a uninsured or under-insured motorist. This coverage is not required with an SR22 filing but may be purchased at an additional cost.
  • Medical Payments Coverage – Medical Payments coverage pays for medical expenses regardless of who is at fault. This coverage is not required with an SR22 filing.
  • Collision Coverage –  Collision provides physical damage coverage for your vehicle in the event of an accident. It is not required with the SR22 filing but is usually required if you have a loan on your vehicle.
  • Comprehensive Coverage – Also know as “comp” provides coverage for damage to your vehicle from perils other that collision. This coverage is not required with the SR22 filing but may be required if you have a loan on your vehicle.
  • Towing – Provides coverage if you need to have your vehicle towed after an accident.
  • Rental Coverage – Pays a set amount in the event you have to rent a car because your vehicle was damaged in an accident.

The SR22 filing is submitted to the State of Florida by your insurance carrier to insure you maintain insurance limits of $10,000 per person and $20,000 per accident for bodily injury and $10,000 in property damage coverage.

In many cases the SR22 filing must be carried for three years. You should contact the Florida D.M.V to find out exactly how long your filing is required.

This depends on many different factors including age, sex, insurance history, type of vehicle, location etc.

The Florida SR22 filing is submitted electronically to the state. Most SR22 filings are processed within 24-48 hours.

Yes, you would need a non-owners SR22 policy.

Non owners SR22 insurance will fulfill the SR22 requirement for individuals without a vehicle. Named non-owner policies protect you for your liability of bodily injury or property damage when you are driving a vehicle you do not own or regularly operate. The State of Florida may require you to have this coverage because you do not own a vehicle, but need the SR22 filing. It is important to understand the differences between a non-owners policy and a regular auto policy. Named non-owner policies usually do not include PIP coverage if you are injured in an accident. It is also important to remember that named non-owner policies do not provide any physical damage coverage for any vehicle you operate, as this would be the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle. Uninsured motorist coverage can be added to a named non-owner policy for extra protection in the event you are injured by a uninsured or under-insured motorist. If you currently have a non-owners policy and you purchased a vehicle it is important to contact your agent immediately to write a new policy.

Contact a License Agent Today! 754-263-2160

Why choose our Agency, All American Insurance?

Customer Service – Our agency will process your all your insurance needs in a timely manner.  We are available seven days a week via phone, e-mail and fax.  Agency staff will guide you in purchasing your insurance that fits your needs.

Family owned and operated – Our agency understands that customers are important.  We wouldn’t have a job if we didn’t have you.

Multiple Carriers – All American Insurance can provide insurance from many different  insurance carriers. We will quote with all of them to find you the best rate for your particular situation.

Statewide coverage – All American Insurance can provide insurance for every city in Florida including Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Miami, Tallahassee and Palm Beach.

  • Our Commitment

    Customer service is our priority. We view ourselves as a vital part of the community; we serve by protecting the families and businesses that keep the community flourishing. We are a fully staffed professional insurance agency...

  • Office Info

    Email: david@allamericaninsure.com
    Tel: 754-263-2160
    Fax: 754-484-3832

    4120 Davie Road Ext. Suite 304
    Hollywood, FL 33024